When people think of chiropractors, many think of back injuries. That’s partly correct. After all, chiropractic care does very much revolve around manual manipulation of the spinal column. But chiropractors don’t simply treat back injuries. In fact, chiropractic care can involve the entire body.
At The Spine Clinic in Lake Worth, our goal is to make the entire body feel the way it should, and it all starts at the center – in your back!
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
The definition of chiropractic care is healthcare “focused on the recuperative nature of the human body and nervous system improvement through manual manipulation, primarily of the spinal column.” Targeting the nervous system is key because pain and disease can often be linked to the nervous system’s abnormal function due to irregular spinal function and mobility. A chiropractor can manipulate or adjust segments of the spinal column and other musculoskeletal body structures to improve nervous system operation.
That benefits you in many ways, mainly because your body is better prepared to heal without the use of prescription drugs or painful surgery.
Your overall well-being is our focus. We aim to restore and maintain your health and wellness by analyzing various factors, including nutrition, family history, case history, and exercise frequency. From there, we can offer comprehensive treatment options to help you feel your best.
What Treatment Options Are Available?
Here at The Spine Clinic in Lake Worth, we offer a wide range of treatments and therapies, including:
- Adjustments: An adjustment is a procedure used to correct subluxations, which is a partial misalignment of one or more bones in your spinal column that can cause pain, inflammation, and decreased mobility while also disrupting the natural operation of the nervous system. Adjustments are generally made by hand, with a gentle, controlled force that corrects the spine or other musculoskeletal structures.
- Massage therapy: This therapy can help relieve stress and pain while increasing the body’s natural ability to heal. Massage therapy has also been shown to release toxins, increase flexibility, increase blood flow, and relieve many pain types.
- Ultrasound therapy: Therapeutic ultrasound is a type of deep heat therapy created by sound waves, which are a form of micro-massage that help reduce swelling, increase blood flow, and decrease pain and stiffness.
- Heat/ice therapy: This is a tried-and-true method. Ice therapy has long been used to help treat pain and swelling immediately after an injury occurs. Heat therapy is effective in relaxing muscles and increasing circulation to provide relief of chronic pain. Sometimes one or the other, or a strategic use of both can be beneficial, depending on the injury or ailment.
- Electric muscle stimulation: This therapy uses light electrical pulses transmitted to specific parts of the body via electrodes placed on the skin. Some electrical stimulation provides pain relief and reduces inflammation, while others treat muscle spasms and muscle atrophy.
- Rehabilitation exercises: Rehab exercise can be effective for patients with back, neck, and extremity pain or issues. The activities are designed to reduce pain, prevent muscle deterioration, increase strength and range of motion, promote joint health, and protect against new injuries. Plus, stretching helps prevent scar tissue from forming after surgery or injury.
What Kind of Pain and Injuries Can Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
Just about all of them! At The Spine Clinic, we handle everything from auto accident injuries to sports injuries to chronic pain like arthritis and fibromyalgia. Anyone of any age (even children) who is experiencing back pain, neck pain, chronic arm or leg pain, headaches, joint, and muscle pain, or disc herniations can benefit from the chiropractic care we provide at The Spine Clinic.
Chiropractor in Lake Worth
If you’re in pain, come see us at The Spine Clinic in Lake Worth. During your initial visit, we’ll have you fill out some paperwork, and then you’ll have a detailed discussion with the chiropractor about your health and history.
The chiropractor will conduct a structural analysis and may perform specific tests based on the analysis. In most cases, you’ll receive treatment during your first visit as well–and that means you’ll immediately be on your way to feeling better! Call The Spine Clinic in Lake Worth at (561) 963-6227 today to set up your first appointment.